Meet the Tilbrooks
- Monday, 29 October 2012
Over the years our membership lists have included the name Tilbrook in various categories spread across the state.
Father, mother and sons all have been associated with our club from as far back as the early 50s. Currently retaining a four family involvement the Tilbrooks are passionate and regular attendees at our games.
Now – let’s meet them
Member since 1956, a family relationship with the Kettlewells and Screaighs bonded a Subiaco involvement which still continues. A former local government CEO at Nungarin, Pingelly and Westonia covering 28 years. Whilst having a country involvement as a player for York and a successful umpiring career with the Eastern Districts Football League, with several grand finals to his credit.
Retiring to York to operate a caravan park, Ken was active locally as a Secretary of the race club, President of the trotting club, secretary of the WA Country Trotting association and on the WATA committee for 5 years. He was also a country music presenter for Radio York and currently at Radio Ellenbrook. He is now retired to Swan View and is a current member of the Lions Past Players and Supporters Association.
- Wife Valerie (dec.) held a club membership for 44 years
- Wife Pauline Club membership for 10 years
- Son Laurence- assistant CEO of Waroona Council, member for 35 years
- Son Neil – mining Safety Advisor, member for 32 years and current member of the Lions Past Players and Supporters Association
- Son Peter – trotting industry trainer, and Lions supporter
Now you have met the Tilbrooks.
Their total family involvement covers 177 years – period 1956-2012